My Journey as a Web Designer and Creative Writer

 

As a web designer, I've always been passionate about developing attractive and useful websites that leave visitors with a lasting impression. Yet many people are unaware that I also like writing blog articles, poetry, and even rap songs in my personal time.

I fought for a long time to establish my identity. I was within an environment of individuals that didn't share my hobbies and often engaged in actions that I didn't agree with. But, I was aware at a deep level that I was intended for more.

I took the decision one day to leave that toxic atmosphere and pursue my hobbies. I threw myself into my profession as a web designer, continually pushing myself to learn and improve in the area. And I took solace in writing in my own time. In a unique and therapeutic way, it allowed me to communicate my feelings and ideas.

Despite my personal growth and newfound success, there are still people from my past who try to hold me back. They twist my story and manipulate others for their own gain, even though they don't know the person I have become. It's frustrating to see how they continue to cling onto old narratives, unable to see the growth and change I have undergone.

I won't let other people's falsehoods and trickery convince me, or let them influence me in any way.
I am content with the person I have become, and I am secure enough in myself to fight their wrong preconceptions.

But as I've paid more attention to my family, I've concluded that they, too, may be hiding something or have been fooled by others.

It's disappointing to watch individuals believe these lies even when they know they're lies.
Yet, I am grateful for their support while I pursue my own journey of self-discovery.
I learnt the power of narrative as a creative writer. And I'm not going to allow anyone else tell my tale for me. I'll keep writing about my emotions and thoughts in the hopes that others may be encouraged by what I've been through.

Comments