From Pain to Purpose: A Journey of Self-Discovery and Spiritual Healing

 

I was feeling lost, alone, and in desperate need of help. So I embarked on a journey of self-discovery and sought guidance from various faith traditions. I was looking for answers to why I was so dissatisfied with my life, and I thought a lot about how I could use my inner spirit to change my circumstances.

During this time, I visited the Buddhapadpa Temple in Wimbledon Village, which was a lovely place. I would visit churches to hear the beautiful choir, temples for meditation and self-reflection, and mosques of all sects to gain a better understanding. I learned a lot about myself during my time in silence and introspection, including my ego, desires, ignorance, and arrogance. And through meditation, prayer, and prioritising my health, I discovered how to manifest into a better version of myself.

It took a long time for me to recover, and it was a difficult and painful journey filled with emotions and pain. However, I discovered that writing was a beneficial step in my healing process. I wrote a lot in my journal and was able to process my feelings and thoughts effectively.

As a person with strong empathetic abilities, I have learned various spiritual healing practises that have proven to be beneficial to me throughout my journey. These practises have assisted me in developing self-awareness, mental clarity, and a strong connection with my emotions and humanity.

Meditation was an important practise for me on my healing journey. I made meditating a daily habit, often in the early hours of the morning and at various places of worship that I visited. This allowed me to connect with my inner self and gave me a sense of peace and calm. During difficult and emotional times, I was able to find solace and clarity through meditation.

I frequently took time to reflect on what I was grateful for and what I had avoided in my life. I realised I had surrounded myself with negative people for validation and made an effort to change that. I was able to shift my perspective and create a more fulfilling life for myself by focusing on gratitude and the positive aspects of my life. I became more aware of my own needs and learned to prioritise my own well-being as a result of this gratitude practise.

My mother, sister, and aunt were all well-versed in energy cleansing techniques. My sister understood the significance of these practises in particular, and as a result, I was able to incorporate these values into my own life. I experienced personal growth and healing as a result of this process. This prompted my sister and me to begin selling spiritual products in order to assist others in their own healing journeys, as we had been aided in ours.

I used to feel lonely and resorted to unhealthy friendships to feel connected. However, my religious community was not supporting me because they were mired in gossip and division. This prompted me to research spirituality and take a more holistic approach, realising that no single religion possesses the ultimate truth. My journey taught me how to have a strong sense of self and how to set healthy boundaries with others, saying "no" when necessary to protect my energy and well-being. This was difficult for me because of my previous depression, but with time and practise, I was able to overcome this challenge.

During my journey to recover from depression, pain, and anxiety, I studied meditation with Buddhist monks, Jewish teachers, Sufis, and other mystics. Each practise helped to increase my spiritual awareness and sense of inner peace. The act of journaling, on the other hand, was extremely beneficial to me. I jotted down my thoughts and feelings, no matter how absurd or crude they appeared. I was able to release negative energy and balance my energy through this practise. I even wrote many verses, poems, and an entire book about my journey, which proved to be an extremely effective tool in my healing process.

I was an avid observer of various spiritual practises and visited Hindu temples, Buddhist temples, synagogues, and other places of worship during my spiritual journey. I frequently visited cemeteries to reflect on life and death, which helped me gain a better understanding of life's fleeting nature and the soul's eternal existence. I practised Raja Yoga to better harness my energy, which helped me balance my ego, control my desires, and overcome ignorance and arrogance. I would do this in solitude, usually at night, and these practises became an important part of my spiritual routine.

I sought help from therapists and counsellors, but they did not comprehend the complexities of my thoughts and feelings. I quickly realised that my path to self-realization and truth would be a lonely one. Journaling became my therapist and counsellor, assisting me in navigating my emotions and thoughts.

As I progressed through life, I realised the value of patience and self-compassion in the healing process. Despite my struggles with depression, anxiety, and pain, I was able to hide my true emotions behind a smile and laughter. However, in order to cope with my feelings, I fell into the trap of addiction, which only served to prolong my unhappiness. In my search for self-discovery and the truth, I found refuge in solitude and turned to journaling as my therapist and counsellor. I developed a heightened spiritual awareness and a deeper understanding of life and humanity through self-reflection and self-study. I learned to control my thoughts and emotions, which resulted in a clearer mind, increased empathy, and a strong sense of self.

My path was not easy, but it was through my difficulties that I discovered a greater sense of purpose and spirituality.

Comments